Thursday, January 6, 2011

Rosca and Babies

Today is El Dia de los Tres Reyes Magos (Day of the Three Kings.)  Sadly, I did not leave my shoe out for a present. We had a rosca de reyes (kings cake) that my cousin Imelda brought for work, so we could celebrate. The rosca was good, the bad part was that I got the baby in my piece. (See picture below.)



The whole lab laughed at me, so I have reasons to believe that it was a set up, and they left the pretty pink topping one for me, so conveniently cut, because they knew I would go for the one with most sugar on it. Damn it, they know me so well. The tradition is that the person who gets the baby has to throw a party, but since this is work, and I hate strongly dislike my coworkers, I’m not doing that. But I do have to bring another rosca or bake a cake of my own. I’m not going to use my magical, ninja, awesome baking skills for those assholes. I’m just going to go to the store and get them a rosca.

My aunt, Concha aka Imelda’s mom, is going to have a party thing for her nino dios on Saturday, there will be praying, there will be candy, and there will be free food! So I’m definitely going to be there, even if I’m not Catholic. I don’t know the prayers, so I will do what I did when I was little and was forced to go to church, I will mumble through the prayers and no one will be the wiser.


This has been a post.

No comments:

Post a Comment